Driver - Music module driver accepting streams

Any news to this? I really need a working Music class, which is working properly.

Start and stop have to work without problems.

I’ll be hacking on a project with the music module this coming week, will let you know if I make any progress on the play/stop issue, which is critical to my project as well.

Thank you for this answere. Hope you will find a working solustion :slight_smile:

Wish we had personal messages as then I wouldn’t have to dredge up the dead, but Steve did you make any progress on the play/stop issue?

Unfortunately not, I got tied up in two other projects, neither of which I made much headway on either. It’s still near the top of my list though, so plan on working on it in the next two weeks.

This worked for me.

void music_MusicFinished(Music sender)
        {
            // Program will crash when switching to the 
            // next song if we don't have this event handler
            Thread.Sleep(1000);
            led7r.TurnLightOff(1);
            fp_stream.Close();
        }

and at starting the new song;

if (music.IsBusy)
            {
                // music.StopRecording();
                music.StopPlaying();
                while (music.IsBusy)
                {
                     Thread.Sleep(10);
                }
                Thread.Sleep(1000);

}
2 Likes

Whats your experience in waiting for the music module to stop? How long time?

You can hear the music playing if you do a release build and deploy. Briefly at the start of the next song, not even half a second I guess

Is anyone able to play a 128kbps mp3 file with this module on a FEZ Spider under the 4.2 framework?
I was able to play 128kbps files under 4.1 on the spider but after the upgrade the driver only produces stottering.
Does the 4.2 framework anything different i.e. working more in the background or is the StorageDevice- access slower?