Disable Touch events

My T43 has the touch (T) cable connected and I receive a Exception if the display is touched.
(No code in application for the touch events)

I usually have the (T) cable connected but I do not recall any exception if the display was touched in the past.

I am using Firmware 4.3.7.10

Is there a way to disable Touch without having to remove the T cable?

@ willgeorge - One option to work around this would be to add empty touch event handlers. Based on your description it sounds like there might be a null check missing in the touch code.

@ taylorza -

add empty touch event handlers

I have added that to avoid the exceptions but I thought there may be a way to disable Touch all together.

Thanks for the reply.

Have a GREAT day!

@ willgeorge - What exception do you get? Is an empty Gadgeteer program with the T43 connected enough to reproduce it?

remove T cable from designer and exception should go away. you do not need to physically remove cable.

@ John -

With empty program except for Debug.Print(“Program Started”);
and all connections made in designer I get the exception.

After removing the T connection in the designer as Mike suggested it seems that the exception went away.

private void InitializeModules() {
            this.usbClientDP = new GTM.GHIElectronics.USBClientDP(8);
            this.displayT43 = new GTM.GHIElectronics.DisplayT43(15, 16, 17, Socket.Unused);
        }

I’m still fairly certain that in the past I never received this error even with the cable T connected in the designer. (Been wrong before on many things though)

[quote]
I’m still fairly certain that in the past I never received this error even with the cable T connected in the designer. (Been wrong before on many things though)[/quote]

I have experienced the problem in the past. that is why I knew a workaround. ;D

@ willgeorge - It’s a bug in the NETMF code. Their internal touch handler assumes that a WPF window has been created, so when it hasn’t, a null reference exception occurs. Mike’s work around is your best option until Microsoft has a fix for it.