DHT11 sensor and a JSTAA wire

Hello,
I have the DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor, fez doimino connect shield , JSTAA wire and a fez panda. Is it possible to use the wire with the DHT11? Because I read somewhere in the driver that it uses 2 pins for the data.
Thanks,

The driver that Nicolas3 provided in the code share uses 2 pins. Each JST connector corresponds to 1 pin. So yes, you can easily wire it to the connect shield.

Note - I had trouble with the wiring example he provides because of the location of the pull up resistor. Once I switched to using the pins with built in pull up (see panda doc for those, Di2 and Di3), all was well. We never figured out why I had a problem with his original wiring suggestion.

I use a DHT22 (slightly different from DHT11) in my son’s hermit crab tank - they like high humidity and temps in the 80s. A serial display on the tank lets us know if they are happy :slight_smile: or not :frowning:

This what I got

The instructions state that the two pins need a jumper between them. That’s what hardwired together means.

So what does that mean.

Remeber I am a beginner.

hardwired = jumper = place a wire between the two pins.

Here is an image of the connections.

I don’t get it???

Ok do I really need 2 wires. From the 3 line of the source code [quote]/// It uses 2 interrupt pins connected together to access the sensor quick enough[/quote]. The thing is I don’t need to access it quick enought.

you need two wires. Or you need to re-write the driver and figure out why it wasn’t easier for someone else to write the driver using one wire.

There isn’t a good way to do this in a “temporary” way. The ideal would be that you have one wire coming from the DHT11 sensor that split and had two JST connectors ( a “Y” harness"). You really only need the white (signal) wire in the second connector. A more permanent way is to solder a jumper wire between the pads of two adjacent pins on the connect shield. The pads that are un-used at this point could be used for that, or alternatively you could solder headers there and then add a real PCB jumper to them. So all depends on what you have and what else you might want to use the shield for

There is an easy way I think. What a small wire was connected on the she pins between the 2 needed signals.

Thank guys, it works :slight_smile:
I’ve been asking way to many questions. Mabye I can help by making 3d models of the FEZ

I am sure you will come back and help back sooner or later. Do not worry about questions.

I will. ;D

Yah, some of us don’t have a life and spend our weekends trying to beat each other replying to messages on this forum ::slight_smile: Right now I am staring at my wife across the room busily typing on her laptop (facebook maybe?) wondering if there is anything better we could be doing this Saturday night… married life is so sad sometimes… :’(

You think your life is bad? My wife is out having fun while I am here making a new gadgeteer module!

Wait, I am having more fun than my wife :wink:

In the theater with my kids. The movie is about to start. See you in about 2 hours ;D

Just went out to eat with wife and kids that I haven’t seen all week. Couldn’t wait to get back… :frowning: I’ve become such a hermit.

Well sometimes you need a break from electronics. :smiley: