DFRobot Gadgeteer Modules - Far more then expected

The first time i wrote a driver for a module i spent more time reading the module builders guide and the text file that is in the standard module project than i did coding. Having a video tutorial would have given me more confidence as to actually watch the steps means understanding whats written down better.
I found the same thing with Eagle and the video tutorials that sparkfun have done have been invaluable.

@ HughB - And your doing a stella job - keep it up :slight_smile:

@ Jason - the driver is basically no different from the code you write now and the template puts all the necessary cruft in for you…

@ Duke - Any word from DFrobot on if/when they will be putting the rest up on their site? Also are they moving along with building drivers too?

I’ve done 2 drivers so far that are up and I did a third with one of their guys, but I think that one was more of a learning process (not that I’m much of a teacher for writing drivers as there are far, far better driver dudes here then me, but it was an easy module and I was able to highlight the key points of building a driver and make a couple of hardware suggestions along the way). Took a brief tour of the Chinese version of YouTube and it was surprising how many Gadgeteer videos I saw, both by DFRobot and others (in a style that only Chinese dudes would do :slight_smile: ). Gadgeteer is alive, healthy and doing rather well thank you.

Some of the modules are very cool and have some interesting features that are frankly beyond my driver coding abilities at this moment (daisy chaining for example, I just haven’t tried it yet), so I hope they have a plan for those as it would be cool to see those available.

1 Like

On a related topic, I recently purchased a DFRobot Servo module and noticed it does not have a driver provided. Has anyone tinkered with this module and perhaps written a driver for it?

Link to module: Servo Motor Expansion Module(Gadgeteer Compatible)(Discontinued)-DFRobot