Detecting arrow keys

Hello:

I’m trying ways to detect the PC kybd arrow keys (the four left/right/up down keys, NOT the ones on the numeric pad)…The following code works fine if I use .P or .Q keys, but does not work if I use .DownArrow or .UpArrow They are all listed as selectable enumerated choices…what’s wrong?

if (hhh==ddd.GetKeyState(USBH_Key.DownArrow)) arrowtype=1;
            else
            if (hhh == ddd.GetKeyState(USBH_Key.UpArrow)) arrowtype = 2;

@ Hoyt - I have been doing quite a bit of work with a USB connected keyboard recently and have not had any issues with the arrow keys. I quickly put together the following piece of code using the Gadgeteer infrastructure, the following worked for me. Do you see any differences with what you are doing?

using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;

using Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics;

namespace UsbKeyboardTest
{
  public partial class Program
  {    
    void ProgramStarted()
    {
      usbHost.KeyboardConnected += new UsbHost.KeyboardConnectedEventHandler(usbHost_KeyboardConnected);
      Debug.Print("Program Started");
    }

void usbHost_KeyboardConnected(UsbHost sender, GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Keyboard Keyboard)
    {
      new Thread(
        () =>
        {
          bool running = true;
          while (running)
          {
            if (Keyboard.GetKeyState(GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Key.UpArrow) == GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_KeyState.Down)
            {
              Debug.Print("Up arrow");
            }

if (Keyboard.GetKeyState(GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Key.DownArrow) == GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_KeyState.Down)
            {
              Debug.Print("Down arrow");
            }

if (Keyboard.GetKeyState(GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Key.Escape) == GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_KeyState.Down)
            {
              Debug.Print("Done.");
              running = false;
            }
          }
        }).Start();
    }
  }
}

Thanks.—your help led me to look again…I originally set some other code events to use CharDown…weeks later I wanted to use the arrow keys, but they only trigger KeyDown, so a simple change elsewhere fixed it. Chardown only triggers on ascii chars.

Great, I am glad you could resolve your issue.