Design Files

How come when I open the design files (advanced) in Altium Designer, the schematic is blank? Do I have to use another program to open it?

Alex

These are EAGLE files

Oh ok, thanks. By any chance do you know what the “mode” thing is on the available schematic?

Alex

I have no idea what you mean :frowning:

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t very clear. One of the links under FEZ Domino is “Schematics,” which brings up a pdf of the schematic. Anyway, on pin 100 of the USBizi, there is something connected called “mode” and I’m not sure what it is. Hope this makes more sense.

Alex

That might be the debug mode. If it’s pulled to +3.3V, it will use COM1 to debug instead of USB.

+3.3v Chris, that’s what the docs say anyway.

Neither

Pin 100 is PWM4/MODE.

The MODE pin on the Domino is connected to the user LED with a 1K5 limiting resistor.

You have to pull the MODE pin down to GND to use the the serial mode for bootloader and debug.

That’s what Chris said Rajesh, your explanation is better though :slight_smile:

Mark

Chris said

[quote]
That might be the debug mode. If it’s pulled to +5V, it will use COM1 to debug instead of USB.[/quote]

I think there is a big difference between pull up to +5 and pull down to GND :smiley:

Erm, yeah, I forgot 3.3 is Vcc on thse boards. For some reason, I always have it in my head that 5V is Vcc. At any rate, I’m pretty sure it’s pulled up to Vcc (3.3V) Raj, where did you get your information about pulling it to GND? LAst time I set my Domino to serial debug, I pulled it up.

Cool, thanks for the help.

Alex

after all the work i did last night with getting the board into USB client mode through software - yes it is pulled to ground as Rajesh said.