Deployment error when using GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO reference

Hi All,

I’m using the FEZ Cobra, Glide and VS2010 Express to create an application. The application has a lot of code and everything works fine until I add a reference to the GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO assembly. The code builds but when I try to deploy it to my Cobra using the “Start Debugging” option, my Cobra freezes and VS never finishes deploying. When I remove the reference to the GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO assembly everything works as usual again.

I’m trying to write code to use an SD card to save settings etc. for my application. I copied the persistent storage SD/USB code example from the NETMF libraries. I made a test project with just the persistent storage code to test it before I copy/pasted the code to my real project. So I know the persistent storage code and my original code work separately. But I can’t get them to work together.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

They work together just fine. It’s something else…

Start a new application that just uses the Cobra template, add the references you want, and deploy just that; confirm that works.

You may need to show us more of the output from when your app deployment starts, ie the actual deployment log that will show memory consumed etc.

(the Cobra is EMX based, should have plenty of memory unless you’re doing something massive)