Demuxed Analog Output

Dear Community,

I would like to generate analog output signal for many different channels from one source in order to check conductivity in cables with many wires. The number of wires (channels) is 32. Could you suggest me a way how to solve this?

Spider with analog output seems fine. Do you know any NETMF comatible demux?

Any idea or suggestion are welcome!

Why analog? Why not digital?

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your reply. The reason is I would like to generate sine wave for test signal. This tool has many purposes. One is checking the the right connection order in the cables and the other one is test the signal to noise ratio along the wire. That’s why analog is needed.

so really you just want a demux that you can then write a driver for (because I don’t think you’ll just find one someone else has written). I’d look for a demux chip that suits your needs, with your performance and price spec, in front of looking for one someone has a driver for. Ultimately these kinds of chips are relatively simple, set some digital pins (or send command over digital pins) and they switch between outputs.

Hey Brett,

Device with SPI or I2C would be the best! What do you think about this one: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9056

I think you need something like this:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/ADG732BSUZ-REEL/ADG732BSUZ-REELTR-ND/994912

1 Like

@ durnek60 -
Hi, there are few more parameters to know about your project:

1. What freq are you going to inject in the cables?
  2. What kind of cables?
  3. Are you acquiring the feedback signal to calculate Snr and other Params.

At a first look I think you need a dac and an adc. The mux is the last problem.

Dear dobova,

1. 1 Hz Sin
  2. Don’t know yet. As far as I know, they are sensor cables with 32 wires in it.
  3. ADC are ready. 16Bit

Only I need a suitable demux.

But it seems it takes less effort if I split the problem to 2 major part. One for checking the right connection order with Digital IO and check the SNR with one Analog out and with the ADC on the other side.

Wow, this could be very useful. I think I make a trial with that!

Thank you!