Debugger Blobs

Approximately every ten seconds, on my Debug window there is a blurb of information. I am sure it is a useful window for debugging. However, I would like this information to go away. Is there a way for me to turn this off when I do not need it? Or if not, how do I redirect either this information to go to another window, or even my own debug information to go to another window? I am hopeful that there is a way to turn this off when not needed.

Debug.EnableGCMessages(false);

I see this question comes up time and time again. (I have asked the same question earlier)

Maybe the Debug. EnableGCMessages should have false as default value instead of true? Or can this be set in some sort of preferences setting?

personally, the debug messages are fine as is. Having that information when needed is fine and contributes to efficient code.

If you plan for permanent “production” then you would never rely on having debug.print messages to understand what your program flow is or anything. You would either have a debugging connection and a serial connection (ie use the great CDC feature we’ve been given) or you’d have some other means of displaying appropriate information.

Personally, the ONLY thing I think we really need is to document this setting (earlier?) in the eBook.

[quote]Personally, the ONLY thing I think we really need is to document this setting (earlier?) in the eBook.
[/quote]
I agree. Standard NETMF has this enabled by default. I find disabling this by default, which we can do easily, does not conform to the standard and confusing…