Datasheets of some devices

Hello everybody, i am a new member here who has to fix some failures of a project with GHI devices
First of all, sorry for my bad english :wink:

I got a project which sometimes restarts after switching some relays on the relay module 1.2
(link: https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/327)
i cant find any datasheet about it and i hope someone has a datasheet of it, i just got the eagle .brd and .sch data

i also want to know where i can find a datasheet with characteristics of the FEZ Raptor Module, cause there is just the mainboard with some specifications on the homepage (link: https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/499)
I have to know how much current the board needs and how much current and voltage the GPIO can give because i think something on my board needs to much current
i also got the SD Module on it

so a datasheet with some characteristics of the Relay Module 1.2, the FEZ Raptor Board, the USB board and the SD card device would be very nice, i hope something like that exists, i really cant find anything about that in the internet

thanks for every help i will get from someone of you :slight_smile:

Raptor is based on G400. You will find the datasheet under G400.

As for sd, usb and all other modules, we only provide schematics as the design is very simple. Please let us know what other info you need and we will gladly help.

As for the old discontinued relay, it was made by seeed and you can find the schematic at http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest

We recommend using the latest software listed in three support page and we do not recommend the use of discontinued products on new designs our by someone new.

Welcome to the community.

That is normally caused by a voltage drop or some form of transient from whatever you are switching.

Can you tell us what you are switching (voltages etc) and how this is all powered?

Thank you both for your quick anwser.

Gus: I found this datasheet about the g400 thank you for that, but i couldnt find how much voltage the GPIO of example can give to any connected device.
Yes i know that i shouldn’t use any discontinued products but that device was already on that project ;), but you are right the schematic is really simple to understand, should be enough to understand how it works.

Dave McLaughlin:
Yes i also think that this has something to do with a voltage drop,
so a quick overview about how everything is powered:

The 230V from the powerpoint is connected to a power pack, which has a 24V output.
The relay board is switching on and off a compressor, which needs 230V
the second device is an air cleaner or something, which also needs 230V
and the third device is a outlet which needs 24V
The Usb Modul is powered by the 24V(its 27V) 1.8A, and also a selfmade circuit board (there are on the same connection)
If i run my programm and put the air cleaner and the compressor on, there is no problem, also to with the outlet on is no problem, but 90% of the time, if i am at the end of the programm where i switch the 3 devices off, the programm starts new, it feels like there is not enough current for the relay modul to switch all three or sometimes just the two devices off,

hope that helped you to maybe help me again :wink:

Exactly 3.3v. But I suspect you mean current. For that, assume at most 10ma, anything more than that and you need to find an alternate way of driving that output.

All those AC and DC loads; can you confirm which are AC and which aren’t? And given all this, what isolation (eg physical; distance) are you using to keep the controlled loads separate?

The 230V are AC and the 24V are DC

just 10mA? so eg. is it possible to controll the three relays at the same time, as i saw the schematic of the relay board i thought they would need much much more then 10mA to controll them

well the cable are near to each other if you mean that, the devices are far enough away from each other. Do you think sometimes it could be a problem if the cable from the devices with 230V are too near to each other?

thanks for help

ok thank you

i just checked the schematics of the relay board again and there is just a transistor to switch the relay, so i guess it wont need that much :wink: was my fault, if i am not wrong now again :wink:

ämm ok so my communication cable from the FEZ raptor(7GPIOs) to the relay board is in contact with the 230V cable, that could be a problem u mean? or do you just mean like i2c or spi?

a transistor means you don’t need to supply a large current directly with the pin, so that should be fine.

The GPIO cables should all be well away from 230VAC lines. A simple relay just simply breaks the AC wave at any point, which has a whole heap of electromagnetic implications; a more effective method would be to use a zero-crossing detection relay. Also, relays themselves generate some back EMF when switched off, and an SSR might also help reduce the impact.

I guess the good news is you’ve proven the design to a point; now to do it “completely” and resolve these lingering issues you may to go to the trouble of creating your own circuitry. There’s a thread of an opto-isolated triac board over here too https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=16567&page=3#msg164203 that might also go a long way to help resolve your potential issues, if only you can convince @ Jason to sell you one (if he has any)

Thank you a lot Brett

yes the transistor should be fine, was just a problem of thinking :wink:

but i didnt know that the relays could make a huge problem when switching off, and there is my problem i guess, i will check that and try to fix it and if that was the problem i will write a little report about that :wink:
but anyway, you helped me a lot with that information, thank you :wink:

Search for The Low Voltage Directive.