Custom Mountaineer Firmware (GCC) / Accurately Timed Pulses

Yes! I had to enlarge the bootloader’s Code_Size too, but now I can actually debug the bootloader with CrossWorks. Nice! Thanks for the help.

Looks like I rejoiced too soon. While I can download and start the new bigger bootloader, it only just runs to the point where it deletes the first flash sector, so it’s not much use.

As far as I understand from https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=12344 this has something to do with the size of the bootloader, so it might not be viable to actually flash a version with debug symbols after all.

Anyway, I still think there should be a way of running the normal release binaries while using some file with all the debug symbols on the PC for debugging. I’ll go read some debugger documentation…

@ wire_dancer,

Why can’t you use a release build of the bootloader and a debug build of the TinyCLR? Are you trying to debug during deployment?

Just msbuild each project separately using the different build flavors.

Agreed, for debugging TinyCLR with a sufficiently small application and set of features. I still cannot debug TinyBooter, though…

And I still think that there must be a way to avoid loading all the debugging symbols to the target when the debugger would only need them on the PC.