Controlling a Remote Control for Power Plugs with FEZ Spyder and Extender Module

Hello Community,

I have a Projekt in mind where i would need some help form more experienced users.

My Idee is as follow:

I have 3 Power Plugs (remote_controled_power_plug.jpg) which i would like to control with the remote control which came with them.

I disassembeled the remote control (remote_control_front/back.jpg)

As you can see on the pictures there are 6 buttons on the remote controll (SW1- SW6)
SW1, 3 and 5 are the “OFF” buttons and SW 2, 4, 6 the “ON” buttons.

Is it possible to control the Remote Control with a FEZ Spyder and a extender modul?
And if yes how?

Thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:

Alex

PS: sorry for my bad english…

:slight_smile: okeey maybe i should have mentioned that i’m relativly new to Gadgeteer…

Your first solutions sounds easier though. or am i wrong?
wat kind of relay would i use and which contacts of the buttons would i need to solder. or do i just solder all of them?

With all those diodes, it looks like a typical keyboard scanner. Those are tricky to emulate by a microcontroller alone. @ andre was on the right track with the relays, however, I’d recommend using silicon switches instead; they’re cheap and easy to work with.

Either way, it’s going to be a project that requires quite a bit of soldering and investigative work with a multimeter.