Contention between Type I and T sockets in SD

I am new to this game and my Spider kit has not even been delivered. In preparation I installed the software and completed the camera application. That went OK.
I fancy connecting a gyro later and so I drooped the Seeed into my project. Using right click to connect up I got the error: -

“The Gadgeteer Designer was not able to connect the optional sockets”

Instead it disconnected socket 10 connected to the T socket on the display and connected the gyro to socket 10 instead on the main board. The Gyro requires a type I socket and to try and resolve matters I moved it to the vacant socket 1 on the main board freeing up socket 10 for the T from the display but it still won’t accept the connection.

I found it very difficult to find relevant documentation on the intermix of sockets but by studying the schematic I noticed that pins 8 & 9 are buses together between sockets 1 3 4 & 10. OK for a type T socket pins 8 & 9 are [UN] so I can’t see that there is a real problem only the … software won’t let me do it. I am too far down the learning curve to know where to look to fix - help!

PS is there a hardware manual for the FEZ Spider? The picture showing the socket mentions a user guide to check out the type Z

All you had to do is come here and ask :slight_smile: Here you go Home - GHI Electronics

No because we want this to be so easy that there is no need of a user manual! We hope at least. Plus you have many users here that would love to help out.

Welcome to the community and we look forward to seeing your inventions.

We discovered a bug with the display driver, which reserved all the I2C pins, which are shared with the other I2C sockets. Thank you for discovering this, and it will be fixed shortly.

Reviving an old thread, but seems relevant and newest thread I could find on the subject. :slight_smile:

What about the Z socket? The diagram on http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/297 says “Check User Guide” for Z socket. The socket list you mentioned was very helpful, but for socket Z says to look at manufacture documentation. So kinda catch 22. :smiley:

This is in the schematics. Typical needs do not use Z sockets and modules should never be Z.

Welcome to the community.

@ Hoss - Also note than the pinout of a Z socket will vary from board to board. It is usually JTAG or other diagnostic/programming lines…