Connection with GM862 Evaluation Board

Hi

I’ve a FEZ Domino and the GM862 evaluation kit board with a GM862 on it.

The evaluation kit is connected to the FEZ Domino using an usb wire.

I’m trying to connect and send data to my board but nothing happens like the communication is not working.

So please, help me god.

I’m using the MF Toolkit and would like to use the GM862GPS class but, what do I have to do
to send data through the USB of the FEZ ?

For me, USB is a COM Port… maybe I’m wrong, but for christ sake… I deeply need to make it work… so any idea will be welcome…

At least, I’l like to be able to send data to the board and get back an answer…

Thanks for your help…

Please show use HOW you are trying to connect to it, i.e. show us a code snippet. None of use have any idea what you are trying so it is very hard to try and offer suggestions.

I try this

SerialPort port = new SerialPort(“COM1”, 115200, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
port.Open();

if (port.IsOpen)
        {
            port.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(port_DataReceived);                
            Debug.Print("Port COM opened");
            byte[] DataToSend = System.Text.UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("AT#SELINT=2");
            byte[] buffer = new byte[100];
            int res = port.Write(DataToSend,0,DataToSend.Length);               
        }

while(true)
        {
            Thread.Sleep(100);
            byte[] buffer = new byte[100];
            int nb = port.Read(buffer, 0, 10);
            Debug.Print("nb = " + nb.ToString());
        }

the port is open, the Write answer 11, but read is blocking… :slight_smile:

Any idea

You said

But then you said!!!

[quote]
I try this

SerialPort port = new SerialPort(“COM1”, 115200, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
port.Open();[/quote]

So how are you connecting the board using USB but then the code is using serial port?

I suggest you start reading the ebook and learning the basics before trying to get into more advanced topics

You say you are connecting with USB cable. Do you mean a USB to serial cable?

If you you are connecting the board with a USB to serial cable then read the ebook on host USB serial ports. What you have done will not work.

If not using USB to serial cable I am confused?

you are right

The evaluation kit is connected using the USB port (not the one used for PC connection, but the other one)

So, I will read the ebook on host usb serial ports.

By the way, will I be able (when doing the right things to do) to connect and send data to the board connected through USB ?

Yes.

You can send and receive data between the the Domino and the PC using the Domino UART over a USBSerial cable (adapter). The eBook talks about this in detail.

However if you want to communicate with the Domino as an USB client, it will soon be possible.

The features for USB Client has been developed and is in beta (testing). You will be able to get it soon.

HTH.

ok, it’s working. thanks a lot.

I’m receiving connect and disconnect events.

But I have another question, is there a way to implement a “receivedata” event as we can do on a classic serialport ?

The serial port on NETMF is the same or very close to the one on full .NET so any code you have or example you find online will simply work, starting with receive events.

Hi,

about the USB Client in Beta testing, is it possible to get it sooner ?
I tried the USBH_SerialUSB class to communicate with the evaluation board, but it doesn’t work as we need.

We have to provide a prototype soon, it would help us a lot ^^.

Thanks for your help.

You can send an email to them telling them why you would like the new beta SDK. Their email is on the contact page.

There are some other people in your position who have had to do this, it doesn’t appear to be that unusual.

I’m sorry, but I can’t find any email address on the contact page…

It is on GHI main website ghielec@ ghi…

Thanks, email sent !