Connection between t6963c LCD controller to USBIZI

Hi,
I want to connect a graphical LCD display 240x128 on USBIZI 144 pins brazilian board. The lcd controller is the t6963c chip.

The read, write, chip enable and control/data pins are all output signals. But the data bus 8 bits is biderectional, before any read operation i need read the lcd status.

How is the best way to connect a bidirectional data bus with 8 bits of data in USBIZI ?

Is there a way to write or read a byte rather than 8 bits?

Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Rafael Thomé

the recently added parallel port (8-bit wide output) is what you’re looking for ! [url]http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/NETMF/Library%20Documentation/html/c2861753-46d6-24b9-9f5c-b6dc939a1395.htm[/url]

Thanks Brett,
I’ll see how I use the ParalellPort class in my project.

To use the ParallelPort class, first i update the GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK on my pc.

After this, the ParallelPort is avalable to use on my code.

Now the compiler inform the follow errors:

Invalid native checksum: GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware 0x9C770BE2!=0xA1518A4B
Resolving.
Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Native’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Orbisonic AM Simples (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Orbisonic AM Simples (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware’ (4.1.5.0)
Assembly: Orbisonic AM Simples (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Native’ (4.1.2821.0)
Error: a3000000
Waiting for debug commands…
The program ‘[1] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The device capabilities on deploy tools inform the follow:

HalSystemInfo.halVersion:
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo:
HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 0
HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 0
HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 0
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber:
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber:
ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.1.2821.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rig
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.1.2821.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.1.3.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: GHI Electronics, LLC
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 15 2010
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 310739
FloatingPoint: True
SourceLevelDebugging: True
ThreadCreateEx: True
LCD.Width: 0
LCD.Height: 0
LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0
AppDomains: True
ExceptionFilters: True
IncrementalDeployment: True
SoftReboot: True
Profiling: False
ProfilingAllocations: False
ProfilingCalls: False
IsUnknown: False

At last i try to update the usbizi firmware to math with the new SDK , but the GHI Boot Loader Interface (COM2) is not avalable and inform the error code 10 (the device can not be started). My two board have the same behaviour.

On deploy tool the ping function is working.

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

You need to apply the firmware to your device. 4.1.5.1 is the latest (I understand - i haven’t loaded it yet) and you need to apply the SDK to your PC and then apply the firmware to the device.

then, importantly, you have to rip out all references to the GHI components from within VS, and re-add them so that you get the new updates.

Since you have a custom board, you might find that the issue you’re seeing is related to the board not to the usbizi, so you might need to find out the specific instructions for the board. In the GHI boards you hold LDR when you apply power to the device, and a COM port appears (it’s not always COM2, you need to look on your PC to find out what one it actually is). Then you use Tera Term (from GHI site, not any other one!) and you should be able to connect to the serial port and see the BL responses.

Have you ever applied a firmware update to this board?

I never apply a firmware update on my usbizi custom board.

I’m trying to follow the steps in this site: http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=Firmware_Update_USBizi

My board have only a reset button connected to pin 24 from usbizi model 144 pins

Looking the custom board schematic, is available two pins called:

pin 100 MODE with jumper to ground

pin 76 BL# with a 10K resistor pullup to 3.3V

In the case of not having the LDR button, what should I do?

I follow this sequence and the new serial (GHI Boot Loader Interface) COM7 is enumerated on PC:

1 - Put the pin 76 BL to low (gnd)
2 - Turn on the power on board
3 - Press the resset button

What is the configuration of the serial should I use in TeraTerm (baudrate, data, parity, stop and FlowControl)?

you can now follow the generic instructions for updating your firmware, [url]http://www.tinyclr.com/support/[/url].