Congratulations ALEX! (Naming Contest Winner)

SkewIO : SkewInputOutput

FBOX360 lol

Micro Slate

OH-HEC = Open Hardware Handhelp Embedded Computer
ItWorks
MyWorks
Hackpad
Thumbelina
SWORD = SkewWorks Open Radical Device

[quote]@ realiser; you make me laugh…and also a little bit afraid
[/quote]

Skewworks, where’s your mind at? I was talking about the portable/hand-held angle and the inference to gaming (Skor) - but if the hardware turns you on, it can’t be bad right? :slight_smile:

Another one…

Dev.on
NetNet
teNNet
[+ {-=-} ::] (The console formerly known as GameSlate)

MicroPad (or µPad)
MicroConsole

I’d just call it Skewworks

Wow, so a day in and we’ve already got 50+ suggestions! Thanks everyone and keep them coming.

Additional Details
We will have hardware in hand and ready to sell no later than mid November. I’ll likely keep the contest open until the end of this month.

Be as creative as you like and enter as often as you like. If there’s a clear winner for me I’ll post the person up and send out a board as soon as the first shipment comes in. In the event I can’t choose between a few I’ll post up the top runners and let you all vote on it. ;D

Some of my favorites so far have been (in order of posting): Allini, Retros, Lion, Skor, Flex, sPad and Dev.on

Notable mention to [+{-=-}::] for the chuckle factor.

Perhaps continuing with the space orientated names :slight_smile:

Skewworks Virgo
Skewworks Fornax
Skewworks Draco

Nice… 2/3 not bad. I pride myself on providing good names. Thanks for keeping my record so strong! haha

Tronix
We love our elecTronix.

Lovice
The god of embedded devices.

Joalt
Jack of all trades!

@ Ravenheart I have two kids. Skewworks Draco makes me think it should come with a wand and some hair bleach :smiley:

Thumbjoy
Neteffect

SkewMF ; SkewMultimidiaFramework

Skew4.1 ; Skew4.1 the original 1st models based Micro Framework (does not have to change the name every time a new .NETMF version comes out, just for history purposes)

Skewer

Maybe at the unveiling Skewworks will invite us all over for a BBSkew? :wink:

[italic]ohms[/italic] - Open Hackable Mobile System (hopefully there is no resistance :D)
[italic]ohm[/italic] - Open, Hackable, Mobile

Hoss - Hackable Open Source System (see link: [url]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoss[/url])

Skew Shark

Shark ; because Sharks are cool :wink:

Guts - Got U Thinking System :smiley: :smiley: :o

Guts - Great Universal Tinkering System

Gµts - General Micro Transportable System

ThumbMaster

Uhm, I’m thinking to something that can relax you.

.NET slacker
.NET idler

PECS Portable Embedded Console System / Portable embedded C Sharp

Or if you like [italic]gameboy[/italic] this could be the [italic]gamebrother[/italic] or [italic]gameMachine[/italic]…