Concerto for two Oscilloscopes

Found via this:

4 Likes

@ Pete Brown - You find the strangest stuff, Pete.

I only made it through the first minute…any longer and I’d have definitely gotten a nasty headache.

Now that’s weird. Somebody has too much time…

Isn’t that the definition of every hobby? :slight_smile:

(it’s a pet peeve of mine when people see something cool/complex/involved, and then belittle it by saying the person has too much time on their hands).

But yes, it’s definitely weird. They have an album on kickstarter as well. Lots of interesting development going on here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1230242223/oscilloscope-music

Pete

@ Pete Brown - I don’t see it as belittling someone but rather wondering how he/she got started down this unusual path.

I did wonder how the images were obtained. Did they work out the math or use trial and error. The most I ever did with a scope was some basic lissajous patterns.

@ suitable1 -

Drawing on a Oscilloscope has been around a very long time. The first one I ever saw was in the military. Radar-weather truck for Artillery ranging. The operator had a spider webs and trees using analog oscillators made from surplus junk.

Use an Arduino to draw pictures on an oscilloscope using XY mode

Oscilloscope Doodles
Flickriver N22/pool/interesting/

Who of you is the first to use Gadgeteer for something like this? :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a website for the main person here. They design a lot in blender and then use flattening algorithms. They also use Max4Live for algorithmic stuff.

It was an interesting read. I don’t have the link handy, but I found it through one of those videos.

As to the “too much time”, just keep in mind that it’s not a great way to talk about someone’s work/hobby. The very nature of any hobby means someone has time on their hands. The phrase implies that they should be doing something else more useful, or that you could have done the same if you had time. Unfortunately, it often gets said about art, sculpture, and making. Anyway. A pet peeve, as I said.

Pete

1 Like

Not Gadgeteer and not nearly as cool as the others in this thread, but here is my first attempt using NETMF on the Panda III…

6 Likes

@ taylorza - What do you call that piece? “Of Singing Donuts”? :smiley:

@ ianlee74 - That is a metaball ! @ taylorza is known for mastering those. :smiley:

That Oscilloscope is quite noisy so I just went with the first option youtube had to drown out the sound of the fan…

Now there is an idea I never thought of… But maybe just an asteroid rock to start with.

1 Like