Community Mainboard

Eek! Just checking my own spelling! I blame my Android phone with its small buttons!

Only to you, especially when SWMBO asks what the latest arrival/s is/are for. :smiley:

Yeah, ok, not going to spell check it for you :slight_smile:

The enclosure the Cobra is designed to fit is probably exactly what you want, although might be short on space for the battery, depending on what you want. That manufacturer has other options from what I rememberā€¦

You should also watch some of the Ben Heck episodes (I think, 84, 85, 87, 88, 93, 94 area) where he talks through designing a custom case.

SWMBO?

she who must be obeyedā€¦

You guys have too many mainboards?!? Consider sending your excess boards etc to Duke Nukemā€™s home for unwanted Gadgeteer stuff, where your unwanted mainboards and modules can feel loved and needed once again.

To which I guarantee your reply is ā€œOh that was ordered weeks ago honeyā€ " :slight_smile:

:whistle:

Iā€™ve been thinking about trying that for an oscilloscope. Not brave enough yet :slight_smile:

Thanks Brett, I have never heard of the Ben Heck show until I saw your post here. Currently watching some of them on Youtube, and really enjoying it I have not yet found the episode you are referring to, but that does not matter as the ones Iā€™m watching is entertaining enough already.

I am doing exactly what you requireā€¦a dev board with a awesome enclosure!

@ anthonys - Interesting. Tell us more about your board, please.

http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-43657/l/the-ben-heck-show-beyond-episode-34

Hi Anthonys. I think if you can achieve this it will be very popular. Please keep us updated and post some pictures once you have some prototypes.

Visit https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=11747 to get updatesā€¦spent the last 2 years doing the research and getting dev feedback and my own requirements as ā€˜inventorā€™

Oh, yes. Sorry, forgot about it. :slight_smile:

Soldering a SODIMM connector is going to be fairly non-trivial, Iā€™m guessing. Going with the 144-pin LQFP might make it necessary, but if we were sticking with 100-pin devices, thereā€™s probably easier options.

As for pin compatibility with G400, you might be able to work something out, but the STM32F429, at least, has a lot more I/O peripherals.

Well you lot went quiet so i went off on a tangent as per usual :smiley:

1 Like

@ Justin - Uh Oh give us a clue then :slight_smile:

@ HughB - it wont be square or rectangular :whistle:

It must be an octagonal shaped board then! :wink: