Cobra II + CP7 not programmable after initialization

Let’s go through them one by one then.

Use your cobra with no display connected at all and answer the following please.
The code you showed earlier causes what error?
What is your firmware version?
Which visual studio are you using?
What is exactly connected now?
How are you powering your device?

Please do NOT make any assumptions from previous tests. Double check before responding.

Just a minor point, the conversion of the 8 byte array into a 64 bit unsigned integer (your ConvertToLong static method) can be performed by a single method call to the static BitConverter class.

B

@ Barraty - Unfortuantely BitConverter does not exist in .NETMF

Excuse me for jumping in, just throwing ideas out there based on what little I know and what you’ve written. This has all the hallmarks of an intermittent yet repeatable failure, never easy to pin down.

Things that I’d try to rule out would be:

1. Noisy DC PSU.
  2. Poorly seated components, cracked tracks, dodgy connecting wiresì.
  3. Electrical noisy environment (RF).
  4. Temperature sensitive connection, dry joint…
  5. Mismatched versions of various libraries, assemblies, drivers etc.
  6. Unwitting use of a beta version of some library, assembly or driver etc.

If none of these lead anywhere then try the age old incrementing complexity test.

With this you start with a simple program or test sequence that never leads to failure and gradually add more steps to the code until you get the first sign of trouble. Often this will shed light on what is exposing the problem.

I’m not qualified to suggest more as I have virtually zero knowledge of these boards or .Net MF.

B

Man isn’t that just crazy considering the intent of MF - doing lots of stuff with bits!

B

So know I received a new Cobra II NET board from Antrek very fast delivery. With the new board and under 100 % the same conditions the new one behaves as expected. So I will send the old board back to my distributer.