CIrcuit Board cleaning

I ran out of my favorite circuit board cleaner. The great thing about it was that it was biodegradable. Safe for hands, and washed away with water.
IT was actually used to clean bike chains on trial and when you washed it off it would not hard the environment.

I went to their web site and they changed the way it was made to the “New and Improved” I gave it a try and it was terrible.
Now i am on the hunt for something else. Those of you who are cleaning what do you like to use.

All Electronics sells “PureTronics” brand spray-on flux remover. I’ve never tried it, but it’s what I planned to use if I ever bothered to start cleaning boards…

For water soluble fluxes I use water, for rosin fluxes I use denatured alcohol. You need to get the good 98% denatured alcohol not the watered down ‘rubbing’ alcohol. I like to use an old toothbrush to apply it.

Thanks, Maybe because i never did get a good 98% denatured alcohol is why i was unsuccessful using that.
I will look for one and give it a try.

i am also going to give this place a shot.
http://biochemsys.com/cleaning-technology-updates/printed-circuit-board-cleaning/

I tried purple denatured ethanol. I don’t know if there is something wrong with the denatured ethanol in my country, but it leaves a white powdery residue on all the solder joints…

Purple? Sounds like ‘rubbing’ alcohol, which is watered down denatured alcohol with other stuff added. You need the pure 98% stuff.