We’ll skip the boring explanation of why I needed to restore the ChipworkX and skip straight to the problem.
Here’s the steps I followed (ChipworkX is on external power):
- Press & Hold Up, Down & Select
- Press Reset
- Prompt never, ever occurs, release 3 buttons
- Press Up 3x
- Wait forever and a day
- Reset device
- Now shows as the GPS device (Win7) COM8
- Run ChipworkX_Tinybooter_Updater.bat COM8
- Log says “Sent file & Memory area content (address: 0x00000, size: 131072 bytes) match exactly !”
- Command Prompt say: “Access is Denied” \n “Echo is off”
- Reboot ChipworkX
- Still shows on COM9…
What am I messing up here?