Version 4.1.3.0
Debug USB1 <------ Just checking if this was right
LCD 480x272
IP: 192.168…
MAC 00.01…
Managed heap size: 59768832
Custom heap size: 1048576

Yes, same as what I have on mine.

oh ok, so i’m running out of options here. Could you show me what DLL your referencing?

Many thanks

Here it is :

your display is working fine but your program is not showing anything right?

Your first code looks somewhat okay but then when you posted the last code, you have it wrong
Bitmap(width, height);//right
Bitmap(height, width);//wrong and nothing will show on screen

What you see on display, USB1, is correct and has nothing to do with the display config. If you see the boot up messages then you should be able to draw int eh display easily.

So, let us start from zero, where is the complete program you are suing to display something on screen? Can you step in the code to make sure all is going well with no exceptions?

Gus & Architect, thank you guys. Its working, I knew it was something small or something stupid I missed. Thanks again.

What was it? For the benefit of others who might run into the same issue.

I had the Bitmap width and height the wrong way round as Gus pointed out.

This is the right way:
Bitmap LCD = new Bitmap(SystemMetrics.ScreenWidth, SystemMetrics.ScreenHeight);

I had it as
Bitmap LCD = new Bitmap(SystemMetrics.ScreenHeight,SystemMetrics.ScreenWidth);

Thanks again

Can I only display on the screen through a Bitamap object? I just want to use it for debugging, so not fused with colors and fonts etc… Would like it to display the same as default text, green.

Thanks
Nathan

Take a look here:

http://www.fezzer.com/project/195/console-class/

Thanks again!! and for anyone else who wants the same.

Fusioon,

You don’t need to post code from Fezzer here.

Fezzer.com was created by GHI so we can share code there.

To be clear, if you came up with something cool (driver, sample, any other code). You can share it on Fezzer. And if you want some feedback (will not need that after feedback feature will be implemented on Fezzer) you can “announce” it here on forum (Contributions forum for example).

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/8/1861/

If you have a whole project that you want to share you can do it on Wiki. Wiki allows you to edit really nice pages with images and formatting, etc.

lol whys everthing all over the place. Why not have it in one place. Guess it will be one day!!

Everything is organised in a good place and to the community approval. If you have any opinions to make things better then let us know please.

Thanks Architect, makes sense.

@ Gus. Not having a dig, Its just as a newbie, I’m just getting used to where I go to find stuff thats all.

Feedback is still welcome if you have any in future. This website is design by the community and for the community

I can test it example on my chipworkX fine, but the LCD always show the " Waiting for debug commands".
How to remove it?
thanks

Take look at the free ebook on how to draw to screen please

I can draw line and text to screen well. But in addition to the line and text, the LCD also shows the text "Waiting for debug commands ".

sounds to me like you have that in your application. Search your source code ? Where did you get the sample app from?