Char concat

We’ve gotten a ‘final’ answer on the issue from Steve Maillet on the github discussion. Here it is :

What that means is:
[ol]Behavior of programs created with the 4.3 sdk under VS2015 is not well defined (there are unsupported IL opcodes in the output)
The fix is a reasonably straightforward to msbuild files, but no new 4.3 SDK is planned, however a community fix could do the job.[/ol]

I am going to try to create that community fix in a week or two and package it as a supplemental MSI or tool.

2 Likes

@ mcalsyn - So then GHI will be the only outfit with a possible fix. Unless 4.4 comes out first. Sound like a plan. Thanks much!

@ Mr. John Smith - No - the patch will be a standalone MSI or exe that anyone can run. It’s a simple file patch on the netmf msbuild files. You could even do it manually, which I will document.

@ mcalsyn - Respect your work! Look forward to get your fix! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ mcalsyn, thank you for the fix!
Who is not subscribed to the issue on GitHub: https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/1053

PS. Offtop, but I faced one more behavior difference between VS2013 and VS2015, now in not-NETMF: Implicit conversions to interfaces are not present in expression trees. · Issue #4471 · dotnet/roslyn · GitHub