Cerbuino Bee Crashing?

OK I’m a bit of a beginner but his has me baffled.

I have a Cerbuino Bee connected over usb and I’m writing in VS2012. I have got half way though writing my code, with it deploying fine, then all of a sudden I got USB error and couldn’t deploy anything to the hardware. Thought I had bricked it in some way.

I worked through the process of reinstalling TinyBooter and then netmf and hey presto it is back, but now every time I deploy anything it doesn’t run and windows starts giving me a device not recognised error. If I hit the reset button my software starts to run (I get the LED feedback flashes i expect) but I’m still getting device not recognised usb error. I have to redo Tinybooter again every time I want load anything.

What am I doing wrong? its driving me mad not being able to debug properly and forever reinstalling firmware.

I have downloaded the mos resent version of Tinybooter and the firmware.

Thanks for the help
Tim

My first guess would be power issues. Follow the instructions below. Other than that can you tell us more about what else you have connected to the Cerbuino?

While USB specifications say ports should provide 500mA, we rarely see a port that can actually provide 500mA. We always recommend the use of powered hubs or a power pack instead of relying on the USB power. Use a powered hub from a known brand, not a cheap hub. If your device has the option of using a power pack (for example the USB Client DP Module) then you can use a power pack instead. 9V 1A is typically recommended but check the bottom of the circuit board for printed voltage range. All power connectors on GHI products are 2.1mm with positive on the inside and negative on the outer ring.

Not using a powered hub or power pack can cause:
[ul]Unexplained behavior
Device does not function
Device functions intermittently
Device functions but network fails
Device functions but SD card fails
Device functions but firmware update fails[/ul]
(Generated by QuickReply)

Found two silly lines of code were doing it, the output and drain pins bellow, not sure why but I removed them and all is working again.

Public Sub New(CPU_Pin As Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.Pin, Optional PowerPin As Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.Pin = Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin10, Optional DrainPin As Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.Pin = Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin11, Optional Port_Interupt_Mode As Port.InterruptMode = Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow)
        InteruptPin = New InterruptPort(CPU_Pin, False, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port_Interupt_Mode)
        OutputPin = New OutputPort(PowerPin, True)
        DrianPin = New OutputPort(DrainPin, False)

End Sub

Thanks
Tim