Cerberus Ethernet firmware Issues

Hello guys,
Using the latest 4.2QEF2 package released 8/24/2012…
Windows XP 64bit.

If i i update my Cerberus with the NON-Ethernet firmware it works fine …

but when i Deploy the Ethernet firmware it deploys fine using MFDeploy but when i reset the device i get the window unrecognized USB Device error…

I did use ST tool to flash the tinybooter every time i change firmware… using the following steps :

Confirmed! A last-minute change broke it. We will take care of this Monday.

Phewww,
thank you for confirming that, i was just about to go nuts thinking that these board are playing games on me while one gets fixed another decides to quit :slight_smile:

Even though this release looks similar to last one, we did come major changes internally. We will take care of it all.

and may i suggest adding a note to the 8/24/2012 Beta release…so others don’t attempt flashing the Ethernet Firmware…

thanks.

done!

it looks like the Hydra is suffering from a similar issue… not sure if Hydra is considered a Cerb-Family…
the only difference is that it reboots and is recognized by MFDeploy but when you ping it doesn’t respond therefore VS2010 can’t deploy to it…

Do you have an Ethernet module in Socket 3?

no sir i do not…

Without the ENC28 in socket 3 of Hydra the board will seem to lock up because it is waiting for communication from the Ethernet module.

I got a BSOD with this firmware…

here is what happened…
after i deployed the Ethernet firmware, i opened MFDeploy and tried to ping the Hydra and it failed… open VS2010 new project added the Hydra as a mainboard hit deploy… it sat there while it was doing that i opened the Hydra Updater and left the default as is where it chose the NON-Ethernet firmware and hit update clicked yes on the first and second message, and then i hit REST on my HYDRA and BOOOOOOMM Blue Screen of Death… :frowning:

oh noooooo…

It would be nice to add that as Note on the WIKI for the Ethernet firmware update… thanks… as we sometimes get impatient when we want to play with new stuff…

thanks.

Hi JayJay,

A note was added to this page: Home - GHI Electronics

Thanks Aron,
any word about the BSOD i reported above…

and one more thing wouldn’t be a good practice to Flash the Debug LED when the firmware is busy writing the data for the first time, at least this way a user would know that the device is actually working and not locked up…

While we ate shipping QFE2, we still haven’t provided the winusb drivers do BSOD is still possible. This is the very next thing.

Ahhhh that explains it…

i believe this is note worthy as well. please update the beta thread so we know what to expect… or else a flood of post might happen over the weekend since most people will assume that the WinUSB is already included…

thanks…

agreed