Cerberus/Cerbuino not recognized after Tinybooter updated

After running through the STDFU piece of updating firmware on a Cerberus and Cerbuino, my PC does not recognize the USB device upon reset. TinyBooter_4_2_3_0.dfu was uploaded without error, but I get nothing in MFDeploy and do get a “USB device not recognized” system tray warning. I was able to update a Spider and Hydra with the latest firmware on the first attempt.

did you use ethernet or non ethernet firmware?

He didn’t get that far… just to TinyBooter.

Did you miss the “create from map” step?

Yeah, i reread it properly…
Did it erase ok before the download?

No, I did the create from map. TinyBooter seems to load fine, AFAICT.

It’s almost like the file is bad. I’m going to re-downlaod the setup file from here and see if that works. BTW - I’m using WinZIp to extract the files.

@ ransomhall - Did you get this sorted?
I’m having fun with the Bee now, STDFU stuff seems to run fine but MFDeploy is now not playing the game…

No, I moved on to frying other fish… I couldn’t even get MFDeploy to recognize the board, which made me think something wasn’t quite right with the booter bits. I’ll get back to it this weekend.

There were apparently some issues with the 4.2.3.0 Cerb-Family firmware. There was a new version made, 4.2.3.1, that can be found here: http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=8498

There is hope! Thanks for the pointer.

@ Aron - Can you please provide more details on what kind of issues?

All - this very similar thread is worth reviewing, http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=8533

Primarily, the Ethernet firmware was not recognized by the PC and after further investigation we also found interrupt issues but were fixed with this newer release. However, some people are reporting deployment issues which we have not encountered yet.

@ Aron - I think it’s a USB issue…not sure what but until i went to a virgin imagine no joy…

Thank you!

Hi ransomhall,

Are you plugging the Cerberus into a USB 3.0 port? With your issue I tried on my own personal laptop and had the same thing happen to me but then I switched from the USB 3.0 over to my regular port and I was able to see the device. The weird thing is Spider was not affected as Cerberus was. Try a slower port for now.

Indeed my laptop is USB 3. Both my Spider and Hydra did work, though the Hydra took a couple of tries. Very nice troubleshooting effort! I’ll report back when I get a chance to try on USB 2.

USB 3 is confirmed as [edit: okay not [em]the[/em] problem, but certainly my problem]. This directly from laptop, i.e. no powered hub. Had no trouble whatsoever updating all members of the Cerb family on a workstation with a powered USB 2 hub.

I have USB 3 if you want to test it Aron.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that, it updated fine for me on a fresh install with USB 3…