Cerb40 refuses to deploy

At about 4:pm yesterday, this is to say that it worked fine all day otherwise, my Cerb40 decided to have a deployment holiday. Every time I try to load my code since then it says Deployment Failed. then “An error has occurred, please check your hardware”

I have not changed any aspect of the hardware or the build system.

I have also tried erasing and reflashing the Cerb40 but try as I might I can’t get the bootloader to run. I have tied the LODR pin high and booted, then I read the schematics and tied the LODR pin low and rebooted. In all cases all I get is the debugger interface and the bootloader is never recognised.

What can I do to overcome these problems?

I thought I would try to get around the problem so I took a brand new Cerb40 right out of the packet.

Soldered on a 3.3v regulator and a capacitor

Uploaded my test program ONCE just fine.

Now, whenever I try to upload, the deployment fails with either “check your hardware” or “Failed to communicate with gadgeteer”

Something is fundamentally busted.

I am posting a ZIP of my test program. If you can tell my why this fails consistently on my several Cerb40s I’d appreciate it because time is money!

The ZIP is at http://www.bobpowell.net/binaries/bltest.zip

Oh, and just to be precise. I don’t need anyone to debug my code. I need someone from GHI to debug the deployment problems.

This is the output.

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 8036fc8, end 804b620

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: bltest (1.0.0.0)Resolving.

Ready.

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 8036fc8, end 804b620

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: bltest (1.0.0.0)Resolving.

Ready.

The deployment finishes with “An error has occurred, please check your hardware”

Whenever I am working on something that doesn’t work at 4am, I leave it and go to sleep. Then it just works the next day :slight_smile:

PM :slight_smile: I’m too old for 4AM ha ha.

Anyway, can you find me a solution to the deployment woes Gus?

How did I see 4AM :slight_smile:

By the way, this is another bad post. You are discussing an alpha software in the gadgeteer forum. Please use beta forum as these topics will confuse future users thinking there is a problem (after the software is completed)

What I suggest is that you use serial debugging instead of USB. Change the definitions in “platformselector.h” to COM1 and recompile the firmware.

Ok Gus, thats great. Now, How can I get the bootloader on the Cerb40 to actually run?

Please decide on what post you want us to reply to!

Please use the other thread.