HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:08:40 GMT
Server: Apache
Content-Length: 202
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
                                                  <html><head>
                                                              <title>403 Forbidden</title>
   </head><body>
                <h1>Forbidden</h1>
                                  <p>You don't have permission to access /
                                                                          on this server.</p>
      </body></html>

sorry! my mistake.

I’ve tried again and the following works

telnet oe3.orf.at 80
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: oe3.orf.at

…but it has to be exactly that otherwise it complains, I think even the capitalisation also is important! didn’t realise it was so picky

so the good thing is www.google.com also works, and produces a valid response.

This is certainly a good way to learn HTTP! The next step would be to try that exact sequence of characters from my Hydra.

So just in passing, is the TCP connection like telnet then?

I am a BIG fan of fiddler, and it’s interesting how doing this (as a hobby) is helping me to understand better the information fiddler contains. I use it for my job sometimes as a .net developer, with ‘some’ web application experience.

I’ll try the same characters on the fez and see what happens, although I did notice that the sim900 had HTTP commands as well which might be better

Although that is correct, the driver does not contain support for them.

You need to write/find some kind of HTTP engine/parser anyway, and if you want to do it through the AT commands then you’ll need to write that part of the driver too :slight_smile:
Also, AT commands tend to be slower than transparent data mode as you need to have waits everywhere you send a command or check for a response.