Main Site Documentation

Cellular Radio and Azure Cloud Services

Hi there,

I started a few weeks ago trying to build a system that includes Cellular Radio trying to reach a Web Service (WCF) on a Azure Cloud Server.

As part of my project I started to use the default sample program that comes within this site:

using Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics;
using GHI.Networking;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Net.NetworkInformation;
using System.Net;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading;
using Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics;

namespace SampleCellRadio
{
    public partial class Program
    {
        void ProgramStarted()
        {
            NetworkChange.NetworkAvailabilityChanged += (a, b) => Debug.Print("Network availability changed: " + b.IsAvailable.ToString());
            NetworkChange.NetworkAddressChanged += (a, b) => Debug.Print("Network address changed");

this.cellularRadio.ModuleInitialized += this.cellularRadio_ModuleInitialized;

this.cellularRadio.PowerOn(30);
        }

void cellularRadio_ModuleInitialized(CellularRadio sender)
        {
            new Thread(() =>
            {
                Thread.Sleep(15000);

this.cellularRadio.UseThisNetworkInterface("internet.movistar.com.co", "movistar", "movistar", PPPSerialModem.AuthenticationType.Pap);

while (this.cellularRadio.NetworkInterface.IPAddress == "0.0.0.0")
                {
                    Debug.Print("Waiting on DHCP");
                    Thread.Sleep(250);
                }

Debug.Print(cellularRadio.NetworkInterface.IPAddress);

// What shoul i do??

}).Start();
        }
    }
}

and I partially achieved until the lease of the IP but after that I donĀ“t know what to do.

Does some body of you could help me with this?.

@ r.ricardog - If you reached that point, that means that the module is successfully initialized and got an IP address. You can now make web requests and process the responses.

Thanks for your answer, but can you point me to what should be the next set of instructions?. Or perhaps give me some class of pseudo algorithm? . Or perhaps pointing me to some shared code and give me some clue of how to join both the WCF and the cell redio software.

Thanks.