Can you load a CSS/Java Webpage?

Hi,

My project had me jumping in the deep end with electronics in general. In the past year, I have developed a GUI system from scratch running on an 8-bit ATmega. I even developed a RTOS to use with it.

Then I wanted to add wireless, and serve up a webpage showing all the information about the attached devices.

Which got me thinking - why not use an embedded system that can read and display the web page itself. Then I only have to manage one webpage - which will allow control on the device itself, and external control/viewing through the wireless.

This is when I started looking at .NETMF. Wow. It has everything I have been developing in the last year.

Anyway - my question is; does .NETMF have the ability to display web pages, and interact with them? It will be using some Java and CSS (I’m guessing).

Or does anyone have any other ideas on this?

Mike.

so you want to run a “browser” in a netmf device? I think Thom (forum name skewworks) has something reading posts on this forum with netmf, so yes.

Or you just want a way to configure the system, via the web, using an embedded web server? yep, done.

So I suspect yes you can achieve what you want.

Welcome to the forum !

Essentially, yes - a browser on NETMF.

I’ll try and clarify again; a small micro SD card could hold the HTML/CSS/Java files. I’d love to be able to use ‘Twitter Bootstrap’ for the design. Then, NETMF serve web requests to EXTERNAL clients.

I also want NETMF to read the HTML/CSS/JavaScript and display it on an attached TFT screen. I’m not sure NETMF can handle JavaScript/CSS etc. I’ve seen it load a Google Map as a Bitmap, but nothing else.

Cheers.

So I know nothing of “twitter bootstrap” so I’ll just avoid that :slight_smile:

There is no native rendering capability to interpret HTML markup language, nor CSS. But a netmf web server can send that content to a downstream device that can then render it. So the first part of your scenario, micro SD card holding content including CSS and HTML and Java (and images and anything else that the client can request and render), is easy.

As I said, you’d have to write a browser engine to then display the content locally on your screen.

Here’s Thom’s entry I was thinking about. http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/240