CAN on Spider

I really don’t like the idea of posting the first time with a potentially stupid question but after going around and around the documentation I guess I have to!
My first task is to implement CAN on this system and I built a transceiver board and went to write some code but can’t instantiate the CAN class as the guide shows. So my question is, if it doesn’t yet exist in the Designer UI, is it not yet supported or is there some work around?
thanks,
Steve

A CAN module is already designed and will be available in about 4 weeks. Or you can use the extender module to solder your CAN PHY

Welcome to the community

thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to working with this board and am impressed with what I’ve seen so far.
I built my transceiver board using the expander board, as you mentioned, but my problem is in getting the software to work. I’m looking at this code
CAN canChannel = new CAN(CAN.CANChannel.Channel_1,((T2 - 1) << 20) | ((T1 - 1) << 16) | ((BRP - 1) << 0));
but I am not sure if this is supported with this release?
thanks,
Steve

Yes supported. See the CAN tutorial. It will help

The link is above for tutorials

got it working, thanks. My mistake was not having the reference to GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware