Can a Panda II USB pin be used to send a pulse to a counter?

I have an application where a Panda II is sealed up and running autonomously. The USB cable is plugged into the Panda but is not used until the user wishes to download data. Is it possible to send a pulse to the “outside world” via the unused USB cable? I know I can used one of the digital I/O’s for this purpose, but it would be very convenient if I just had the ability to detect a pulse on one of the unused USB pins such as “USB VBUS/E36” on the Panda II schematic. I could then modify the software so that a specific event would send a pulse to a counter via the USB cable with the counter being a simple self powered device that plugged into the USB cable when needed.

Rephrase this question more simply, perhaps I should…

Can pin 65 on the US Bizi Panda II schematic " P2.8/CAN_TX2/TXD2/TRACEPKT3 ", be switched high and low? If so any advice on code?

Normally (for Panda II) I believe it’s used as an input to detect the VBUS voltage so you can tell that a USB cable was plugged in. Other than that, it’s just a GPIO like any other. You can create an OutputPort for it just like any other pin, and set it high.

Thanks, godefroi - I appreciate you taking the time to reply and I’ll give it a try.