Calling the SolderMonkey - need help with Encoder module

Hey, hoping that Soldermonkey sees this…

Just received the TripleSlider and Encoder modules in the mail today, and trying to write up a quick and dirty demo, but I can’t seem to find the API for the Encoder interrupt or direction. There are ButtonPressed and ButtonReleased events that you can handle, and an IsPressed property, but that seems to be it.

Am I missing something? Can you show some sample code on reading the encoder (i.e. handling when the encoder is changed)?

Now thats just weird.
I opend the project up for this driver and i see the same file as you are refering to ( the standard template for a driver module ),
then I go to the folder and open the EXACT SAME FILE and I see the correct driver that I wrote…

Just bizzare…
Anyway the updated driver will up on my site shortly.

Sorry about my forum, it looks like my silly webhost keeps swapping servers around and messing up my site…
I’m assuming the GHI guys dont want SolderMonkey support on their forums…

Just as a heads-up, it would appear that the Encoder is not the only driver with this issue. For testing purposes, I dropped a LittleStep onto the designer surface, and checked the driver API in the object browser, and found the same API as the Encoder.

Hopefully, once the updated SDK is up on your site, I can find some time (perhaps over the weekend) to make a quick video of the demo project I put together.

grumble grumble silly fricken visual grumble studio grumble…
I guess thats what i get for assuming that transitioning to 4.2 would be clean.

You know what they say about craftsmen who blame their tools… :wink:

Please give us a heads-up when the updated SDK is available on the site. Itching to get the encoder working.

Ouch that was a low blow…
I suspect it had something to do with working on laptop then PC then laptop then PC then…

Anyway there is a new version up here:
http://www.soldermonkey.net/download/SolderMonkey_NETMF_v4_2_SDK.zip

I went through and checked all of the modules for consistency from 4.1->4.2 and found a couple of typos and bad function/enum names here and there.
Check it out see if I missed something else.

@ Gus - Just shout if you want us to keep this off your forums. And thanks for the great collaboration space :wink:

1 Like

Got the new SDK, and the encoder works a treat. Was thrown a bit with the TripleSlider, as it looks like the API for that was renamed, but got it working in just a few minutes.

Now I have my blinkies with RGB faders and an encoder to determine how many LEDs are lighting. Will do a demo video and post it over the weekend.

Feel free to use the forum and also add modules to the wiki and the (coming) community product page :slight_smile:

Sorry about the name change, I figured it should be consistent with the Octoslide…

I use dropbox to sync my work notebook, my high power home PC and my low power home PC. Works like a charm…

1 Like

No worries. It was easy enough to find and fix, and I’m a fan of consistent APIs, so I completely get the reasoning. :slight_smile: