Button Issue [Spider]

Not used my spider for a while so decided to get it out this morning and have a play.
Added a button and an LED with a some simple code but get the following error:

“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll”

and the debugger stops at “button = new GTM.GHIElectronics.Button(14);” in the “private void InitializeModules()” section of the Program.generated.cs file

(see Screen shot)

tried another button module - same result
tried another port - same result
uninstalled/reinstalled SDK/drivers - same result
updated firmware - same result

all other modules ok (ie.ethernet, LED,extender, LCD)

everything was definatelt working last time i used it (about 4 months ago)

any ideas?

cheers

Hi Unclejack, welcome to the forums.

My bet is this is firmware mismatch. Can you confirm what SDK version you have installed, and what firmware version you have on your device? Did you get the latest beta version of the firmware by any chance?

And lastly, can you confirm that you are targeting the 4.1 framework with your project? If you installed the 4.1/4.2 beta SDK then you might find that the default is to target the 4.2 framework when you are only running the 4.1 version, which would most likely cause this kind of issue too

Hi Brett,
thanks for the quick reply

SDK v4.1 (Apr 23, 2012)
Mainboard has v4.1.8.0

definately targeting 4.1, not downloaded 4.2

cheers
unclejack

I have tested some more and it appears that this error is only occuring when using ports 12 & 14. All other ports to which the button module can be attached are working fine.
The last module that was attached to ports 12 & 14 was the T35 display but that shoud have no bearing on the error i am getting surely.
?