Main Site Documentation

Build fails

I followed all the instructions to install TinyCLR source to build the targets. It fails with the following output

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\7 2017-q4-major\bin\arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe: 'C:\Tools\tinyCLR\TinyCLR-Ports\Build\release\FEZCLR\FEZCLR Firmware.axf': No such file
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\7 2017-q4-major\bin\arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe: 'C:\Tools\tinyCLR\TinyCLR-Ports\Build\release\FEZCLR\FEZCLR Firmware.axf': No such file
Cannot read input file.

There is no axf file in the directory shown.

When I check back on the build output I am getting a number of errors. This is one of them

C:\Tools\tinyCLR\TinyCLR-Ports\Targets\STM32F4xx\STM32F4_ADC.cpp:53:27: error: invalid conversion from 'TinyCLR_Result (*)(const TinyCLR_Adc_Provider*, int32_t) {aka TinyCLR_Result (*)(const TinyCLR_Adc_Provider*, long int)}' to 'TinyCLR_Result (*)(const TinyCLR_Adc_Provider*)' [-fpermissive]
     adcProvider.Acquire = &STM32F4_Adc_Acquire;

The code was not changed and comsply cloned from github.

My guess is that it’s because you’re trying to build the source on the dev branch which has progressed since 0.11.0 was released while TinyCLR.h and the pre-compiled libraries are only for 0.11.0.

I’ve clarified the build steps docs to highlight this.

Is there a link to the build steps as I can’t see any changes from today.

They haven’t made it to the live site yet, you can find the source at https://github.com/ghi-electronics/Docs/blob/dev/software/tinyclr/porting/intro.md

Dave be careful to use specific release because libs are not in source code on github.

https://github.com/ghi-electronics/TinyCLR-Ports/releases

Cheers John, it now builds without errors.

Hey everyone, I’m still having trouble building. I cloned the master branch, and followed the rest of the instructions, pasting the v0.11 files into the Core directory. Here’s a sample of the build errors:

In file included from D:\git\CLR\Targets\STM32F4xx\STM32F4_ADC.cpp:17:0:
D:\git\CLR\Targets\STM32F4xx\STM32F4.h:213:45: error: 'TinyCLR_SdCard_Provider'
does not name a type; did you mean 'TinyCLR_Uart_Provider'?
 TinyCLR_Result STM32F4_SdCard_Acquire(const TinyCLR_SdCard_Provider* self, int3
2_t controller);
                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                             TinyCLR_Uart_Provider
D:\git\CLR\Targets\STM32F4xx\STM32F4.h:214:45: error: 'TinyCLR_SdCard_Provider'
does not name a type; did you mean 'TinyCLR_Uart_Provider'?
 TinyCLR_Result STM32F4_SdCard_Release(const TinyCLR_SdCard_Provider* self, int3
2_t controller);

So, my first post is a fail. It turns out somehow I did move the dropdown to dev when I cloned. Recloned to master and now it is working correctly. Thanks!