Bound to happen

Well, it was bound to happen someday…

I just fried 2 of my digital ports (13 and 12). They don’t read input anymore, and output varies between 0 and 10 mV .

I made a bad connection on the Domino with a 5.05v load on VIN. Other ports are still working fine. Looks like this board is tolerant, but not to iditiots… :-[

Welcome to the club! I have fried a Panda and a Dominio…Sometimes learning is expensive.

Knock on Wood I haven’t yet… but I am sure my ignorance will get the best of me.

I do ask annoying questions about “what would happen if” though because I am a bit scared.

But so far I am not playing with anything like all you guys are, I am still doing Pre-school…lol

It’s a club I am bound for, I’m sure.

Mike in MN

1 fried DC Motor Board = $16.95 (replacement 16.95 + shipping)
1 desoldered ultrasonic = $24.95 (PING)) to replace - probably - 32.95 @ Radio Shack)

Building my own robot … priceless.

The best way to learn is from your own mistakes… Sure, you do some damage along the way but in the end (hopefully) what you’ve learnt is worth far more to you than the cost of fried electronics :slight_smile:

AAHHH! The awful smell of fried silicon… It’s kinda the sweet smell of success (you’ll never do that again)

Sorry about your board…

Cheers Ian

Thanks for all the kind words… Good thing nothing really bad happened.

Maybe we need a ‘dead silicon hall of fame’, or another XP counter.

Mog, 450 Experience, 1,028,000 Dead Silicon Points

If two fried inputs is the only damage, then you can be happy. You still have your board ;D

Are you sure it is Di12 and Di13 and not Di2 and Di3 ?

They’re the two pins next to the VBAT and GND, so yes definitely Di12 and Di13.

Have you tried them as inputs? maybe its not as bad as you think!!

Cheers Ian

See above:

[quote]I just fried 2 of my digital ports (13 and 12). They don’t read input anymore, and output varies between 0 and 10 mV .
[/quote]

…no, the inputs dont work.

I just realised that pins DI13 and DI12 are part of the Domino’s SPI interface. So that’s a definitive bummer because i planned to using it… Where are the other SPI’s located?

Isn’t it on UEXT?

Thanks,
Errol

[url]http://www.tinyclr.com/downloads/Domino/Broch_FEZ_Domino.pdf[/url]

Yes, UEXT indeed. Sorry I thought there were more, but i was confused with the 4 COM ports.