BMW Monitor: Connect G120 to RGsB display for imBMW.net

Hi!

I connected FEZ Mini to my BMW (imBMW project on GitHub: http://imbmw.net/ ) and now bought G120 to upgrade my project. But now I’m going to show UI on the BMW Monitor that uses RGsB signal. How could I convert G120 signal to RGsB?

Of topic but, I see you have Saab 9-3 2003+ on the list… Do you know how to write text to the facelifted 9-3 2008+ instrument cluster/SID? I’ve been struggeling for a long time to get text to the SID on the newest 9-3…

I’ve got this list of cars from some iBus document, so I haven’t tested all of them. But first of all you should find iBus (aka kBus) wire somewhere in the car and try to read and write to the bus. Next you should find on the internet/sniff on the bus the syntax of display message, eg. from the built-in telephone. By the way, I saw somewhere a solution for the similar task for Saab :wink: Google didn’t help you?

I’m a newbie in video signals. How could I get VGA signal from G120? Or is it already VGA? What is the most expensive part of this solution? There is a simple adapter in the page you mentioned.

nice project, it should go on the showcase :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ll post it there a bit later

Thank you! Really expensive :frowning: Furthermore, it outputs 320x240, 640x480, and 800x600 resolutions (only 4:3), but the screen is 16:9. Is there another way to get VGA from G120?

And what is the video signal in G120?