Assemblies not resolving

I moved my development to a new machine, after installing everything per instructions. Now when I try to debug the project on the Robot Kit, I get this:

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZMini_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ (4.1.3.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: System.IO (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.IO’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZ Mini Application (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZ Mini Application (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZ Mini Application (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware’ (4.1.3.0)
Assembly: FEZ Mini Application (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘System.IO’ (4.1.2821.0)
Error: a3000000
Waiting for debug commands…

I tried removing all references and re-adding them, did not help. The versions also all match. What am I missing?

Make new project and try again

I started a new project (e.g. FezMini template) and started adding references one by one.

I added Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware and Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort with no problems.

Then I added FEZMini_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ - still no problem.
Then I added GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware - that is when the problem appeared:

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZMini_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ (4.1.3.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZ Mini Application1 (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: FEZ Mini Application1 (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort’ (4.1.2821.0)
Error: a3000000
Waiting for debug commands…

It is interesting that GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware (the assembly that cause the issue to surface) is not listed in the debug output.

Some more detail. The machine is Windows 7 64-bit. Here is the Add Reference screen for the version info: http://imgur.com/ApGAg

This is weird. I have just followed your steps and it worked without any issues. Try to restart VisualStudio just in case.

I just looked at my old machine and all GHI DLLs were versioned 4.1.1.0 versus 4.1.3.0 on the new machine. Could this be the issue? If so, how do I resolve it?

If you are creating the project from scratch it should not be the issue.

I just reinstalled GHI SDK and the problem persists. Can you point me to a release that contained the FezMini assemblies versioned 4.1.1.0? Perhaps I can give that a shot.

The problem is not with what you have on the pc, but the firmware on mini.

You need to reload your mini with the latest firmware.

I think you still have some old references in your project aswell.

As Architect said the firmware on the mini is out of date as it used to run on 4.1.1.0.

Remove all GHI references and replace with new and update the firmware on the mini.

Cheers Ian

Yeah, I had a demo of my Robot the next day and didn’t want to mess with firmware. Installing an old version of the SDK did the trick.

Of course, Murphy’s law, during the demo, tinyclr.com went down for maintanance and I wasn’t able to show off some of the things that connect to the robot (: