Anyone else disappointed in GHI Products?

@ Gus - get the system up, and recommended changes to it can submitted as new features. :smiley:

HI Gus,
I kind of sensed that you are basing it on codeplex system and as I explained it won’t work as expected because you cover a broader line of products with different firmware and versions, software and hardware… so I would add the following if it were up to me:

a drop down asking for firmware Version (listing current supported firmware, while including both Ethernet and non-Ethernet since those have different effect)
a drop down asking the name of the hardware in use (Spider, EMX, Cobra even if EMX is same as Spider I would still list both which will help differentiate a custom board from a GHI board)
a drop down asking for NETMF Version.

I think this will help track these bugs better…

Oh and the link back to a forum discussion just like Codeshare which is a great idea…to keep the system clean…

cheers,

1 Like

All - this thread has covered a lot of meaty topics, most of which deserve their own topic. I find myself grumbling every time I see the topic title come up in my unread list, due to its negativity. Please spawn some more specific topics as needed and put this one to bed for good.

3 Likes

Feel free to post on the Task Tracker so we can address your needs.

1 Like

Yeah, they aren’t bad. The status of things is a bit confusing. Still a really neat project.

I have a feeling we are going to be spammed by this user. He has been posting trivial stuff in a number of places in the forum so that he can reach the level of post at which his links work.

Or, am I just being too suspicious after seeing spam operations for years ???

suspicion duly noted, and seconded by me. Next post will be the proof!

1 Like