Analog module

Good to know! I suppose you will be the very first to build an “&” module! Thanks for the info.

What is the status of a project?

Check out reply #48
http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=8742&page=5

Thanks ian. Yes, the boards went to Seeed on Thursday night. Should take one week to make, one week to DHL it to me. I have ordered the parts from RS Componentts, and should have them in a weeks time. I’ll start writing the drivers blind, then just test and fix when I have the modules…

Ok, I should get all the parts tomorrow from RS. And my PCBs are at the DLH office right next to my workplace, but today is a public holiday, so I’ll get them tomorrow morning as well.

Question for Gus: The Gadgeteer spec says that one can define a socket as “A&Y”, but how does one specify that in the GadgeteerHardware.xml file? I looked though the Socket.cs file, but couldn’t fine anything related to that…

Ok, some feedback.

The multiplexer works as expected. The module’s 48 inputs works nicely.

The zener diodes that I got for the input protection on the other hand doesn’t work so well. I assumed that they will have a sharp transision from non-conductive to conductive. That was a mistake. The zener voltage of the diodes are 3.7V, but they start conducting at around 2.5V, thus limiting the input voltage on any input to around 2.7V.

My only option is to leave the zeners off, in which case the only input protection is a 1k5 series resistor on each input…