ALCAM on the Cerbuino Bee?

I got the shield with the Alcam, looks promising. The NETMF example provided on the download page is for the Spider it looks, but its kind of obvious to put the shield on the Cerbuino Bee and try that (especially when the FTDI cable does not work to me).

But the manual also does not mention either the NETMF examples or the shield…am I missing something I feel that there is document I havent seen…?

@ njbuch -

I have ALCAM example that run exactly on Cerbuino with SPI/UART, that example we used to test the shields. That driver is same as the driver you see on Spider, just pins are different.

we can give it to you if you can wait until Monday.

1 Like

@ Dat - Sounds brilliant! Looking forward!

The examples are already online but there seem to be a lot of confusion. Let me start a new sticky thread covering all these FAQ.

@ Gus - If the Cerbuino Bee example is online, can you then point me to it?

@ njbuch - Please see the stick post I just created.

The NETMF example is for EMX only.

@ njbuch - maybe it changed! This was originally for the cerbuino. Still, both are netmf :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ Dat - Thanks for the new examples uploaded today. Unfortunately they dont work as expected.

I now get an answer on the version query from the Cerbuino Bee with shield, and ALCAM (I can reveal its v1.0.1\n!00) which is good - there is some kind of connection.

But firing the takepicturetohost command as the only one I am interested in right now, the ALCAM only returns 1024 bytes for the image size which is read as 1425.

The code keeps waiting for the expected 1425 bytes, and they never come. So its stuck in that loop.

I think there is something wrong, please advice…

EDIT: To illustrate the point, I just hardcoded the len to 900 (less than 1024) and the program completes with the attached (partial) image.

@ njbuch -

Because on cerberus there is only 1024 bytes for rx buffer.
Please remove :
Debug.Print(“Take picture to host:\n” + alcam.TakePictureToHost());

For that function, you have to implement handshaking if the host is cerberus. Software handshaking should be fine.

Easy way is,

That is always low, you can make a thread and toggle for each 10ms. By that way ALCAM will send about 200 bytes then pause, you have to read them all before pull this pin to low.

There are header, crc… in a JPEG file, hardcoded will give incorrect image. Even window can’t show it.

Thanks for clarifying. But I am putting it back on the shelve, I had hoped for something easy for a demo.

Do you have plans to provide working demo-code for NETMF on Cerbuino in the future?

Yep, that confirms the point.

@ njbuch -

That function should work fine on EMX or some devices has higher RX buffer size, without handshaking.
We were trying to keep the driver is simple, clear and basic. That is why we don’t implement CTS, RTS…
For your question, I think we will.

The ALCAM explorer is updated to newest version, have you tried it yet?

1 Like

Yes I have tried the Alcam explorer and played with some settings, without luck. I am still waiting for your EXACT screenshots of your serial settings…??

@ njbuch -

Even can not get version number?

Anyway, I just downloaded and tried again!
What cable are you using?

Thanks, I just need the configuration settings for the port settings in the device manager…

I am using the same cable as I use to reflash the firmware of the cellular module. But it has loose ends at I only connect tx/rx - see image.

And NO I dont get ANY response from ALCAM - not even version.

Not sure what are you looking for under DM?. But anyway, I still post.
If you put ALCAM into Cerbuino then you got version number, meaning something wrong with your cable.
The teraTerm application can talk to ALCAM, you can try that.

@ Dat - take a look at this post where I request the configuration settings: https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=19042&page=1#msg189223

Please consider that I have only the RX/TX connected.

I have tried with TeraTerm without luck.

@ njbuch -

here it is.

Are you sure that cable is working well? I don’t think the problem is in the screen that you are looking for.