Adding a second Ethernet PHY to the Chipworkx

@ GHI,

Would it be possible to add a second Ethernet connexion to the Chipworkx ?

I would like to seperate my LAN subnet, from another which would provide communication between the Chipworkx and some treatment modules…

Thanks for your feedback.

Louis

Enc28j60 chip over SPI

Thanks GUS,

Can I buy your ENC28-GM-333 Part number module to make tests ?

I think it will be provided direclty by the framework as a NetworkInterfaces[1] , or some thing like that ?

Louis

You can use the one we offer with some wiring. This will not use any of the internal socket support. You will have to add your own drivers for phy, Mac, and even TCP

[quote]This will not use any of the internal socket support. You will have to add your own drivers for phy, Mac, and even TCP
[/quote]

Do you mean with THIS module, or even on any module I will try to add ?

Do you mean with THIS module, or even on any module I will try to add ?
[/quote]

Any module: LAN, PPP, Wifi… As I know is .NETMF limit that at same time you can use only one network interface, so you must disconnect one and connect another… If you will write own network drivers, TCP library(sockets) then you can use multiply interfaces.

An easier (maybe better) option will be to use Wiznet chip, which has TCP/IP built in.

@ Dejan,

Not sure about the mono interface capability, until there is such a collection

NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces() 

in NETMF, but as far as I did not have any experience with 2 network attachment, maybe there are others restrcitions that you encountered…

@ GUS,

Effectively I’ve seen this chip that match both needs for connectivity ETH/SPI and SWITCH over 6 ports !

http://www.wiznet.co.kr/Sub_Modules/en/product/Product_Detail.asp?cate1=&cate2=&cate3=&pid=1016

Do you think this is something you could provide as a product line ?

Anything is possible if there is a buyer.

At least…MEEEEE !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you need volume please contact GHI directly and we can handle this though our consulting services.

Yes there is GetAllNetworkInterfaces() but it as I remember allways return one interface.
For example you can’t use at same time:
LAN&PPP
LAN&WiFi
WiFi&PPP

So Im prety shure you can’t use at same time LAN1&LAN2 except if you will build own “network drivers and TCP stack”. As GUS mentoined you have option to use some networking chip which have TCP/IP stack build into it and this will solve you problems but give you some other limits(like limited sockets)…

OK,

I’ve to think about hat key points, to see if using TCPIP to communicate between modules is not trying to kill an insect with a machete …