Adc for Gadgeteer is on the way

The board is gadgeteering a little more. This is 1 chip version, that can chain 4 board maximum. Still thinking how to name second I socket …

1 Like

Looks good!

Now it is gadgeteer :slight_smile:

Much better! OSHW logo?

Maybe “I*”?

Finally the board is ready next few days I’ll send to proto. I need to finish an other more conplex board design and then will prototype. The dimensions are 44.5x48.2mm ( 1.75 x 1.90 inches).

@ Ian & @ Justin, thank you for introducing to DFRobot.

@ dobova - Looks very nice - ping me an email justin at ingenuitymicro dot com if you want a proper intro to Lauren at DF

Looking gooooood :slight_smile:

Sexy!

I’ve the prototype ready and working, although my pseudo-reflow oven decided to burn with the board inside … so it have dirty the board. OMG !
In any case it works fine now, and can achieve very nice precision with 18,16,14,12 bit resolution. I’m writing the driver to export more functionality.
It has 15.625uV resolution, not bad.
I will change a bit the board for the next batch (hoping the guys make the black board as promised).

3 Likes

@ dobova - Nice looking module! Good job!

It turned out great! Will you be selling them or is this a one-time run?

I had another thought on the socket labeling the other day while I was re-reading the Module Builders Guide. I think it’s been updated since the last time I read it. I’d forgotten that “I*” actually means DaisyLink upstream. I knew it used just “*” for the downstream but had forgotten about the upstream labeling. Is there actually an upstream/downstream to this module or would it work fine from either socket? If that’s the case then they should both just be labeled “I”.

@ Architect - this specific boards get me upset becouse my oven get broken in the middle of soldering phase, so I had to resolder again by hand after desolder some component, damned!.

@ Ian - The two socket are mirrored “I” socket, and connect power rails, int, scl and sda, so they are stricly “I”. You can plug any module that is “I” type. The n-channel mosfet translator from 5v to 3.3V rails I2C works very fine and can get very high speed, permitting to chain till 4-5 boards.

This are some tested specs:
-Vref: ±2.048V (internal fixed)
-PGA: 1x,2x,4x,8x (gain)

• 15.625 uV resolution at 18bit.
  • I2c HS at 3.4Mhz (not tested on Netmf)
  • Interesting “general call” mechanism to start contemporary conversion on all chip in the chain.

I’ve tailored the board on my needs, because I’ve to read signal from 5mV to 1V (I will use gain 2X). For now I have just 3 boards to trim all parameters, but I will make some change for next batch. I will sell the modules if someone is interested.
For general use may be a limitation the 2.048V limit, becouse the board channels are GND referenced. But it is very good for small signal reading.

Ian the guys at DFRobots can make stencil for boards ?

I’d buy one if you’re looking for an idea of interest.

Good stuff and very nice board.

No they dont have a laser and just source locally for their needs.
I used this service http://www.smtstencil.co.uk/ £16.50 to Eurpore

Oh thanks Justin … veryyyy interesing service !!!

@ dobova - i have had really good results from the stencils from Andy and get alot in each sheet - here is the last one i sent…

That’s what I thought. So, if it doesn’t matter which socket you plug the mainboard into then I think the correct thing to do is label them both with just “I”.

I don’t know what I would do with this. I am currently building a catalog of all Gadgeteer modules.

@ Justin - Thank you Justin, this is a good news … The plastic sheet are interesting and low cost for the porpouse I need.

@ Brett - Ok Brett, thank you.
I’m waiting few components for next week. If you want, contact me at dome at ledonet dot it.