About uALFAT

What does the GHI think about the future of uALFAT related products?

I have used uALFAT related products. But, after the renewal of the web site, it makes me difficult to find information about uALFAT.

For example, there is no information on TINYCLR WIKI page. (Or does someone know where it is?).
Also, Q and A on the old BBS I could access before seems to disappear totally.

If the GHI do not update the information of uALFAT, nor support for BBS of the uALFAT. I will think to change the SD card module into products by other company.

Have you thought of using usbizi chip instead?

The contact us page has an email fir ualfat support. You can use it if you need help

Have you thought of using usbizi chip instead?

No.
It is not so simple to change the module into totally different one.

The contact us page has an email fir ualfat support. You can use it if you need help

I will ask by e-mail and will see how the support works.

Personally, I like BBS where various expertise can reply to the question not only by the people from your company. Also pastly solved problems can be referred on the BBS, which make the time to solve short sometimes.

I have a problem with the ualfat open command–it sometimes opens existing files with a similar but different name, rather than creating a new file. It doesn’t seem like there’s much point in describing it here, but if somebody wants to hear about it I’d be happy to tell.
I didn’t realize ualfat was such a dead product in terms of support. When I choose, a couple months ago, I picked the ualfat over the usbwiz for the long file name support–it seemed that simple. But with this bug in the open command and the lack of support, I’m coming to believe that I’ve chosen poorly.
Is there anyway to get the source code for the ualfat board so I can fix the bug? I’d be happy to give back the fix.

Bugs? uALFAT has been out for long years and been used by hundreds of companies around the world in thousands of products so a possibility of bugs is extremely slim.

Why not give GHI a call to discuss your needs? Why not look into USBizi instead?

Ok. I certainly understand your skepticism…but I saw what I saw.
Obviously I need to reproduce it and post a few ASCII commands that demonstrate the problem.
It’s going to take me a few days to set this up…I have a million things to do and the prototype radios in which the ualfat boards were integrated are gone. I did get the boards to work…just had to play some file-naming games to avoid the problem I was seeing. On a second iteration, we probably would use the usbizi, or something. The idea of using .NET turns my stomach, though.

[quote] The idea of using .NET turns my stomach, though.
[/quote]

It will only cost you $40 to try it out…I doubt you will be disappointed http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/256