About the UDP Application on my board

I have built a Board on the basis of “Cobra” by myself, and I want to achieve the UDP Send/Receive function.

I have found a example in “Codeshare” [quote]http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/222[/quote]

But I can’t run the example in my “Visual Studio Professional 2010”, and it seems that, I am lack of some “.Net reference”, but I can’t find them in “Add Reference” (see picture)

Can you give me some suggestion about the UDP of my board?

The namespaces you are referencing in the image do not exist. Socket stuff is in system.net and system.net.sockets

@ Mike -

Hello,

I have checked the “Add Reference” window, but I havn’t found the “system.net” and “system.net.sockets”.

The misstakes are still there.

It’s lack of the reference as follow:

using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.Sockets;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.NetworkInformation;
using Socket = GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.Sockets.Socket;

I can show you my board

OK, the problem you have is that you’re looking at a sample for a Wiznet W5100 module, which is NOT for use on EMX.

[quote]This example explains how to send UDP messages using Wiznet W5100 (used on FEZ Connect) library supported with USBizi chip (the code of FEZ Panda and FEZ Domino).
Note: You need to add the following libraries (assemblies) GHIElectronics.NETMF.W5100 and Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.[/quote]

EMX just uses standard netmf networking.

@ Brett -

sorry. I don’t complete understand, which standard netmf networking should I use for UDP application?

Can you get some examples about UDP application of EMX?

You need to look at the API reference, API Reference for .NET Micro Framework | Microsoft Learn for 4.2 for the relevant networking components.

You can then use the BASIS of the example you have linked to above to get UDP comms going.

is probably a good reference (note to Pete: you said the M word !! :slight_smile: )

c:\users<you>\Documents\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1\Samples\ has some other code that uses UDP, but not sure that it’s easy to pick up what is going on in the larger codebase.

@ Brett -

Hi, a not important question:

you said that "you said the M word !! ", I am not very clear about the “M word”, what do you mean about the "“M word”? does it mean “magic word” or “Mandarin word” or…? (Smiley)

Hi there,

It was only to Pete, if he saw the post. :slight_smile:

There are two M words in the URL I supplied, one isn’t used any more :slight_smile:

Interesting board, looks very industrial. May I ask what is it’s purpose?

@ mhectorgato -

It’s a heating controller.