A USB server or USB over IP wiith EMX

I am designing a solution for USB hub over IP with EMX and later on with G120. This device will have at least 4 USB host ports on it. Is it possible doing so with EMX or G120. And does .Net MF has some library supporting such function?
Thanks

I didn’t understand the question bit USB hubs are supported on our premium offers.

Hi hhgong, and welcome to the forum.

Gus, I think that he wants to create a networked usb hub, so that you can access your usb devices over the network.

#################################################

Pop in the TinyCLR community IRC channel and ask/chat

about whatever you want.

Details here: http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7210

#################################################

Hi Gus and Eric,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, what I really need is something like a USB server which has 4 USB ports connecting USB devices, and an Ethernet port connecting to a host. So the host can configure, manipuate, operate the USB devices using UDP socket via IP network. What I need t confirm is that I need to confirm how to interface to 4 USB host on an EMX, especially for G120 (thi is my target board), and since my USB devices are not standard device like printer or u-disk, they are some industrial instrument, so I have to have a fully control to the protocol, I need embed this protocol in the UDP socket. That’s it.
Thanks

This can work with some USB devices, the ones that our core support but yes you can do it easily.

Since these are industrial equipment wouldn’t be easier if you interface them using a serial port… i mean they have a serial port don’t they?

Yes, they do have serial port on my industrial equipment, and actually they equip with USB to Serial port which supported by SiLabs or Prolific chip. So I most likely use USBH_SerialUSB Class from premium lib for my solution. I have purchased EMX/USBHost module for a try. Here comes with another Q: Can I purchase Premium Library license individually after my prototyping completed?

Thanks

there is no library or royalties to pay for premium…
buying a BOARD THAT has premium library is all you need to do… (Ex a Spider or EMX)

basically you can’t buy an OSH board and expect to use a premium library…

Ok, Jay Jay, I got it all. Thank you.