A little blink into the Future

just installed VS2015, added the NetMf VSIX for it, made the notorious blinker and it even worked in the brand new VS2015 CTP.

Actually it is so simply, that I even could do it …

using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using System.Threading;
using System.IO;

namespace conBlink
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            // The LED1 on a CerbuinoBee
            OutputPort LED1 = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x12, false);

// Output something
            Debug.Print(Resources.GetString(Resources.StringResources.String1));

// Blink forever
            while (true)
            {
                Thread.Sleep(500);
                LED1.Write(true);
                Thread.Sleep(500);
                LED1.Write(false);
            }
        }

}
}

The feature that low-lights an unused using is neat …

2 Likes

Cool! :clap:

Too bad in does only do plain netmf, have to wait for an update on the alpha VSIX to add support for gadgeteer …

Pretty much all my boards are Gadgeteer ones … and all network modules too …

any tips on how to use the sockets and so … I tried to get that running but got a gadgeteer.dll exception :frowning:

I use gadgeteer sockets all the time without using the gadgeteer DLLs. I just load up the wiring diagram PDF for the board, figure out which I/Os are used for the Socket I want to use, then open the SPI, UART, or whatever, using those I/O pins.

Does that answer your question?

By the way, thanks for installing this and checking this! I was going to wait, but knowing that VS2015 works with bare NET MF may get me to upgrade sooner rather than later.

1 Like

@ Valkyrie-MT - I’ll give that a shot, I’m so into G-mode, I ignored the back to basics … Thanks

Android Studio does this and one thing that AS does that VS should have, is when you type in something that is missing an assembly or using, it should offer to include it.

It does, if you know to activate the helper widget. If you’re not familiar with that feature, it isn’t always obvious.

I typically type in the member name, and then use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+. to pop up the dialog that will add the using statement, so I don’t have to use the mouse to activate it. Definitely simplifies things a bit.