A debug current/voltage module would be handy

Good point and we had this problem with “injector module” we were working on. We need to find a good symbol and request to be added to specs.

But that would mean that one can only connect a DaisyLink module to that port in the designer…

I don’t think you’re going to have the pass-through sockets show up in the designer. I’m not sure it’s even theoretically possible.

Well, there is space in the GadgeteerHardware.xml file for a socket:

So from there is should just be smart programming as you just have to pass the same socket number, that the CurrentMod connects to on the main board, to the other module, and the other module’s driver will not know the difference…

Another image…

That was quick!

Well, there you go. Looks like it should all work out. I wonder what it looks like in the designer?

The problem is still socket labeling. This does not, of cource, work… :slight_smile:

Better image when the rendering is done…

Yeah, it is a really simple module so…

Keep in mind that your ADC must have its own voltage reference, not to depend on the source voltage.

How about A-Z*

A -> Z

A…Z

The current amplifiers I designed with amplifies 100 times, fixed. So 33mV over the sense resistor will give a 3V3 output, referenced to ground. This can be fed directly into an ADC input on a “A” socket.

What is the sizing on the square outline for a socket like that? Usually it’s 3mm per character, but i’m not too sure about the “…”…

I don’t think it is that important.

Done.

2 Likes

What shunt resistors are you using, so that your measurement range will be reasonable?

Using 0.015 ohm. that gives a full scale range of 2.2A.

Nice.

@ Gmod - I think you must have just set the record for fastest gadgeteer module design ever, even with suggestions from us. Outstanding!

Thank you. :). But it really was a simple module…

Will still have to see if it works as intended though…