Main Site Documentation

7 inch LCD

Howdy Y’all,

I’m I’m finalizing a project proposal, and the ChipworkX has made it to the finals. I have been lurking around these forums, however, I still have a few unanswered questions:

1. From what I’ve read, unlike the EMX, the 7" LCD doesn’t play nice with the CWX. What is the limitation and is there a GHI recommended work-around?

2. I’ve read that RLP is not the recommended method to implement drivers. Given that I’m fairly certain we will want a better touchscreen than the 4-wire, probably capacitive with a Cypress controller, what is the recommended way to integrate a driver?

3. 200 MHz is great; is there a bigger, better, faster model in the foreseeable future?

Best regards,
CF

1. http://ghielectronics.blogspot.com/2011/04/adding-cobras-7-display-to-chipworkx.html

2. Of course RLP is recommended but if you can do something in C# the easy way then why go the RLP route?

3. This is a question that I am not allowed to answer :wink: But as if today, ChipworkX is the fastest and most featured NETMF device on the market.

Thank you very much.

1. Ahhh… another resource.

Interesting… the EMX is newer than the CWX.

1. Managed code tends to be slow, and I assume that something such as a touch screen driver would perform better if coded closer to the hardware. Of course, my previous embedded projects go all the way back to the 8088, and have had nowhere the near the horsepower nor resources, thus my point of reference is ASM and C. I built a complete commercially deployed app on .NET 2.0 a few years ago and recognize how amazingly pleasant it is… so I’m excited to see how it performs at this level of hardware.

However, I could have sworn I read somewhere that RLP was not suitable for low-level drivers, but I can’t find it now… and can not recall the reasoning… sigh…

1. I understand.

I think I have enough information to present to Corporate. If I get the green light, y’all might be seein’ more of me as I attempt to make this platform sing and dance.

-CF