500 points for the first video

Keep the same project but now comment out the CDC code, do you see it now?

Done that and it just works fine that way. After that i did put back the cdc and guess what … now it works fine.

On an other question for my project i also need to get the DTR signal back from the CDC any plans to include that in a next release?

Thanks anyway.

What do you mean by DTR? This is virtual port so these signals do not exist

Thanks for your replay, now i’m a bit confused.
I have a USB->Serial board that delivers all the RS-232 signals and from my knowledge it uses also the CDC protocol: ([url]http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=18[/url])

I did a short search on usb_CDC but did not found anything useful, yet, Can you please point me to some website explaining more the the usb_cdc?

thanks
Niels

When you use CDC you are turning the fez into a USB client device.

The USB to serial device is also a USB client device. You can not connect two Client devices together. You must connect a client to a host.

If you want to connect the USB to serial device to a fez then use the fez’s usb host support. The ebook talks about it. Section 22.2

Thanks Mike, but i think you misunderstand me.

My uLCD display is connected to the serial port of my FEZ mini and the FEZ is connected to the PC trough the USB cable.
One of the tasks for the FEZ mini that i want is that it is like a FTDI to allow update the uLCD’s firmware etc.

i hope this makes sense.

You want the CDC client driver to control one of the pins as DTR. This is not currently supported